CASSGRAM Online

"Cass County’s trusted source for up-to-date news"

Home Obituaries Archives Community Links Contact Us



Monday, December 11 2017

Photo Gallery



STRUCTURE FIRE -- Plattsmouth and Murray fire units were sent to 602 Oakmont Drive Wednesday (12/6). Plattsmouth Fire Chief Mike Wilson said a resident returned home for lunch and found a light smoke haze through the house and about 6 inches of water in the basement. That led firefighters to the basement where it was discovered a malfunctioning water heater had ignited some combustibles stored nearby. Wilson said as the as fire grew it ruptured an overhead water line that worked like a residential sprinkler system and extinguished the fire. (photo from fire department)

Cassgram Audio Report
Direct Link   RSS Feed

©2015 Cassgram